For your ease and convenience, Social Security Administration has updated their online services through which you can keep tabs on the status of your application. You can also access information about retirement, disability, Medicare, and Supplemental Security Income applications and appeals. Through the online Social Security services, you can not only check the status of your application or appeal that has been made online but also for those that have been made through a Social Security employee.
The following article will provide you a detailed guide as to how to go about accessing the Social Security services online through your account.
Social Security Login Procedure
The Social Security login procedure is fairly simple and can be carried out in a few, short and simple steps which have been detailed below for your convenience:
- Launch your web browser and access the following url: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
- The url will lead you to the official Social Security Administration page
- On the homepage, click on the green button that says “Sign In or Create an Account”
- You will be directed to a login page. Under the heading “Existing Users”, enter your Username and Password in the fields provided
- Click “Sign In” to proceed after you have filled in your login credentials
Social Security Username Recovery Procedure
If you are unable to recall your username, follow the steps listed below in order to retrieve it:
- Click on the “Forgot Username” option next to the username field
- Clicking on the option will lead you to a page where you will be asked to provide your email address, your SSN (Social Security Number) and your date of birth
- Enter all the required information in the fields provided and click “Next” to proceed
- Follow the remainder of the steps, as prompted, to recover your username
Social Security Password Recovery Procedure
In case you have forgotten your password, you can easily recover it by following the steps listed below:
- Click on the “Forgot Password” option next to the password field
- In the next step, you will be asked to provide and verify some information such as your email address, your Social Security Number, and your date of birth.
- In the next step, you will be asked to answer a few questions
- Follow all the required steps, as prompted, in order to reset your password